ASITE - Autumn 09 Release
As part of our ongoing development programme, we have upgraded Asite to the Autumn 09 Release as of the 6th November 2009. As an Asite user, you do not have to do anything to use the new functionality; your account has been automatically upgraded. The Autumn 09 Release is full of great new features including:
- Brand new maps "mash-ups" - browse your workspaces visually using either our Google Maps portlet or our Microsoft Virtual Earth / Bing Maps portlet. Asite's Virtual Earth portlet supports 3D visualisation. Render your 3D models and make them accessible within Virtual Earth!
- Collaborative Supplier Information Manager (cSIM) - Source and manage all of your suppliers in a simple and consistent manner with cSIM. cSIM provides a collaborative toolkit to ensure that each of your supplier relationships is managed at an appropriate level in terms of communication, relationship management, document/contract management and health & safety risk along with the type and frequency of products and services supplied.
- NEC Manager - We have introduced extensions to the Asite NEC Manager which now fully supports all of the following NEC variants: ECC, PSC, TSC, and ECSC for NEC3, numerous NEC2 versions, and the Procure21 NEC2 and NEC3 flavours. We have also delivered a graphical dashboard report showing contract status across project portfolios containing many concurrent NEC contracts with a simple red/amber/green visual approach.
- Supporting Large-Scale Programmes of Work - Increasingly, Asite customers in both the public and private sector are using the platform to manage large-scale programmes of works and have hundreds of projects on the go at any one time. To support this type of scale we have introduced a number of administrative improvements:
- Workspace Templates - Users with the ability to create their own Workspaces can now create templates from an existing Workspace or create a new one from scratch. These templates can then be cloned to speed up creation of new Workspaces.
- Workspace Settings Inheritance - Users can choose to keep their Workspaces linked to the template using "Inheritance" meaning that changes to the template are copied to their Workspace. This means that you can update settings in ALL of your Workspaces by changing the setting in the template!
- Multiple Role Membership - For greater flexibility in how to apply security, users can now be members of more than one role. This means that roles for specific tasks can be created making custom security access easier to manage.
- Procurement Manager - Simplified trading with our ever growing list of buyers and suppliers using the enhanced Procurement Manager and Product Catalogue Manager.
- Asite Navigator - The Asite Navigator has been much more tightly integrated with your local file system so that Asite attributes on documents can be viewed directly within the Windows file properties. This enables Navigator to do automatic working folder clean-up and to scan working folders for documents not yet shared in Asite and provide visual prompts. The new Navigator features are designed to make working collaboratively with complex models or large sets of documents easier than ever.
- We have integrated Asite Community functionality into the Asite Navigator - so that users can view the Asite forums, blog, Twitter feed, and Asite on LinkedIn directly from their desktop.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the Asite sales team at email@example.com / +44 207 749 7880.
We hope you enjoy the Autumn 09 release and all of the new features. There is full detail on all the new features in the Help & Training site and a number eLearning lessons have been made available for users. If you have any comments or queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Asite Helpdesk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on UK Tel: +44 (0)845 130 5550 / India Tel: +91 (0)79 4021 1900.
A Collaborative Solution, CIMA Article on Asite
Supply chain management comes under the microscope during an economic downturn, as companies seek to improve their cash position. However, as CEO of Asite Tony Ryan explains to Jim Banks, the temptation to squeeze supplier and customer on payment terms should be rejected in favour of a more collaborative approach.
CIMA has featured an Asite microsite on their Excellence in Leadership website in order to help get the word out to the CIMA membership. Click here to see the microsite and five featured case studies.
Asite Solutions to be featured on 21st Century Business
Asite Solutions to be featured on 21st Century Business
September 12, 2009
Fox Business Network (as paid programming)
Click Link Below for Airing Schedule
London, United Kingdom and Boca Raton, FL (September 11, 2009) --- Multi-Media Productions (USA), Inc. announces that Asite Solutions will be featured on the 21st Century Business news programme in airings across more than 50 regional markets in the United States.
Asite provides businesses, organisations and people with Collaborative Software as a Service (cSaaS) Technology and Solutions. Asite delivers this award winning service via their cloud-based platform, through innovative and cost-effective subscription plans.
By enabling clients to increase control over their projects, Asite improves productivity, reduces project risk, creates stronger trading relationships and enhances assembly of and accessibility to management information.
“Asite has delivered on my vision” - Sir John Egan, Chairman, Asite Solutions Ltd. Author of Rethinking Construction - 1998 Construction Industry Report
JL Haber, Vice President of Programming for 21st Century Business states, “Asite Solutions is an innovative company with a unique mission. We are excited to have them on our show.”
Asite delivers flexible IT solutions for collaboration, trading and sourcing for use by any company at any point in the supply chain. For more information about Asite, please call +44 (0)207 749 7880 or send an email to:email@example.com
About 21st Century Business
21st Century Business is independently produced by Multi-Media Productions and is distributed worldwide on Fox Business News (as paid programming). The show is an informative magazine style program that exhibits the hottest stories, trends and breakthroughs that will educate and motivate our viewers. For specific market-by-market air dates and times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit www.21cbtv.com
The Open Group announces the general availability of TOGAF™ Version 9
The latest evolution of popular EA framework enables better alignment of business and it goals, and increases ease of use.
The Open Group, a vendor- and technology-neutral consortium focused on open standards and global interoperability within and between enterprises, today announced the general availability of TOGAF™ version 9. Developed and endorsed by the members of The Open Group's Architecture Forum, TOGAF version 9 represents an industry consensus framework and method for Enterprise Architecture that’s made available for use internally by any organization around the world, including both members and non-members of The Open Group. The latest version of TOGAF is available for free download at: http://www.opengroup.org/togaf/.
Networked Embedded System Middleware speeds up the development of innovative systems
The Fraunhofer Institutes for Applied Information Technology FIT and Secure Information Technology SIT demonstrate the Hydra middleware at the GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, 16-19 February 2009. The middleware, which has context awareness and security among its main features, assists the manufactures of intelligent environments and speeds up the development of innovative systems. Visit us in hall 1, booth G-49.
COWI gains a foothold in the UK bridge market
The acquisition of London-based Flint & Neill adds capacity and expertise to COWI’s Business Unit for Bridges, Tunnels and Marine Structures.
Flint & Neill, a leading UK bridge consultant, has joined the COWI Group. F&N, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, is a specialist company within design and rehabilitation of cable supported bridges and the design of tall masts, special buildings and structures. The firm’s portfolio includes designing small, elegant spans such as the Sail Bridge across the River Tawe in Swansea, as well as contributing to major projects such as the Stonecutters Bridge in Hong Kong, the new Forth Bridge in Scotland, the rehabilitation of Severn Suspension Bridge in England and lately the West Gate Bridge in Australia.
COWI has worked closely with the London-based company on a number of projects, lately for the Lusail signature Bridges in Qatar, a collaboration which opened the door for the acquisition, according to Anton Petersen, Vice President of COWI’s Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures division.
“We have previously had informal discussions about this possibility, and therefore we are all happy that it is a reality now,” says Petersen.
3 Conferences: MetroMeet 09, Technarte 09 & QA&Test 09
CARSA’s parent group, Innovalia, is currently organising this year’s editions of 3 important annual international conferences:
- MetroMeet 09 http://www.metromeet.org 26-27 March 2009 Bilbao Spain. MetroMeet is the leading annual international conference on industrial dimensional metrology, providing industry with a forum for presenting and debating the latest developments in metrology technologies, methods, formulas, norms and standards.
- Technarte 09 http://www.technarte.org 23-24 April 2009 Bilbao Spain. Technarte is an annual international conference on art and technology. The Conference showcases technological developments that enhance modern artistic expression and provides a forum for debate on the convergence of technology and art. The success and appeal of Technarte is growing every year and our goal is to establish the conference as the most important of its kind.
- QA&Test 09 http://www.qatest.org 21-23 October 2009 Bilbao Spain. QA&Test is an annual international software quality assurance and testing conference that brings together practitioners and experts from around the world to showcase the latest technological developments and best practices, and provides a platform for professional debate, knowledge sharing and networking.
EU researchers’ salaries are amongst the lowest in the world
CARSA recently completed a study on researchers' salaries for the European Commission. The study shows that the average salary for EU researchers is almost €23,000.00 less than the US average (around €40,000.00 compared to €63,000.00) and also below average salaries in Australia, India and Japan.
The study also notes the huge variations within the European Research Area (from €9.800 in Bulgaria to €46,500.00 in Switzerland). The value given to experience and the different levels of starting salaries also highlight great differences across the EU: a UK researcher can expect a significant increase in salary as his or her career progresses - as much as 335%, whilst a Danish researcher can expect a 90% increase. Another significant difference is noted between male and female researchers – as much as 35% in some countries. The difference is particularly marked (over 35%) in Estonia, Czech Republic, Israel and Portugal, whilst it is considerably less (below 15%) in Bulgaria, Denmark, Greece, Iceland, Malta and Norway.
The Open Group’s Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference in Budapest to Set Agenda on Secure Architectures
The Open Group announced the plenary agenda and preliminary line up of speakers for its 16th Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference, to be held October 22nd–26th, 2007 at the Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal in Budapest, Hungary. The Budapest event will focus on several different aspects of Security Architecture and examine their roles in delivering safe and secure enterprise architectures. The three-day event will utilize real-world case studies to illustrate how security architectures can and must evolve to meet the challenges for secure information sharing that today’s agile computing business operations demand.
"IPCity" Public Event held on 27th September 2007.
IPCity is an integrated project coordinated by Fraunhofer FIT. During the event journalists were asked to participate in a "pervasive game" roaming the old city of Cologne, Germany. Equipped with mobile AR devices (augmented reality devices) the journalists used the new "TimeWarp" prototype developed by Fraunhofer FIT to solve various real-life tasks in the city of Cologne.
BSCW: Version 4.4 (beta) released
OrbiTeam and Fraunhofer FIT release the first beta of the upcoming version of the BSCW Shared Workspace System. A host of new functionalities - including Web 2.0 features such as Blogs, Tags, Communities and Wiki-like document-based collaboration - have been added to the widely-used BSCW groupware.
Fraunhofer FIT presents latest developments in the area of "Pervasive Gaming" at the Games Convention in Leipzip, Germany.
Fraunhofer FIT releases "Mobota" (Mobile Outdoor Training Assistant).
Mobota is a mobile training assistant for sports people: a mobile application running on devices that are carried by the athletes and a community portal that supports social communities of athletes.
COWI to advise on Copenhagen Metro
Together with international consultants ARUP and SYSTRA, COWI will be given consulting responsibility for all construction and engineering work for the new City Circle Line Metro to run beneath Copenhagen. In a joint venture with the British consultants ARUP and the French SYSTRA, COWI has signed contracts with the Ørestad Development Corporation to advise on all the construction and civil engineering works for Copenhagen's new City Circle Line. The task will include 15 km of bored tunnels and 17 stations.
International HPC User Forum Meeting
Problems in Parallel Modelling and Simulation
The High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS) participated in an international research seminar on Problems in parallel modelling and simulation. The seminar took place in Sevastopol on September 10-15, 2007.
CARSA, 20 Years Living Innovation
This year CARSA celebrates its 20th Anniversary and marked the occasion by hosting a celebratory event on 12th July at the Euskalduna Congress Hall in Bilbao, bringing together new and longstanding clients to commemorate some of the key experiences and achievements of the past 20 years, and to outline our vision for the future.
ICE’2008 - to be held on 23-25 June 2008 in Lisbon, Portugal
ESoCE-NET announced the International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising (Concurrent Engineering, Virtual Enterprise, and Collaborative Environments and Innovation) - ICE’2008 - to be held on 23-25 June 2008 in Lisbon, Portugal. The Call-for-Papers will be available soon, so watch out for it on the ICE conference website at: http://www.ice-conference.org. All ICE conference papers are freely accessible on the ICE Proceedings website at: http://www.ice-proceedings.org
New version of Fraunhofer Shared Workspace System
Fraunhofer FIT announced the release of a new version of the BSCW Shared Workspace System. A number of new features - including single sign on using Shibboleth, online presence and Web 2.0 features such as Blogs, Tags, Communities and Wiki-like document based collaboration - bring the widely used BSCW groupware in its new version 4.4 to an even more comprehensive solution for Web-based collaboration. The new version is available at: http://www.bscw.de/english/bscw44.html
HLRS Parallel Tools Workshop
HLRS announces the 1st HLRS Parallel Tools Workshop on 9 -10th July. Development for current and future processors will increasingly require the use of parallel programming techniques for application and library programmers. HLRS wants to offer its industrial and scientific user community, as well as the tool developers themselves, an in-depth workshop on state-of-the-art parallel programming tools, ranging from debugging tools, performance analysis and best practices in integrated development environments for parallel platforms. More information is available at:
New professional association for enterprise architects
The Open Group announced the launch of a new professional association for enterprise architects. Called The Association of Open Group Enterprise Architects (AOGEA), the body was formed to further the profession by maintaining and enforcing standards of excellence and ethics for all members, much like the fields of law and accounting. Prior to launch, the AOGEA registered over 700 Open Group certified practitioners as founding members. More information is available at: http://www.aogea.org.
Download the Roadmap towards the Collaborative Enterprise
ESoCE-NET announces that “A Roadmap towards the Collaborative Enterprise - CE Vision 2010” is available for download. The analysis has concurrently considered several complementary perspectives, namely social, customer, business, workplace, technology, and legal to build up the Collaborative Enterprise vision and roadmap providing important guidance for organisations towards improving collaboration within manufacturing enterprises. The Roadmap is available at: http://esoce.net/Roadmap%20Summary%20v17.pdf
ICE’2008 - to be held in Lisbon, Portugal
ESoCE-NET announced the International Conference on Concurrent Enterprising (Concurrent Engineering, Virtual Enterprise, and Collaborative Environments and Innovation) - ICE’2008 - to be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from 23 to 25 June 2008. Call-for-Papers will be available soon, so watch out for it on the ICE conference website at: http://www.ice-conference.org. All ICE conference papers are freely accessible on the ICE Proceedings website at: http://www.ice-proceedings.org