The high level breakdown of activities of the CoSpaces IP, to be developed during a 48 months programme, comprises of three project clusters:
- Collaboration Methods Cluster
- Collaborative Technology Cluster
- Collaborative Workspaces Cluster
and two supporting activities:
- Business Innovation Office
- Management and Governance
The purpose of the Collaboration Methods Cluster is:
- To provide a strong research contribution in its own right to develop understanding of human and organisational requirement and constraints for collaborative workspaces, and thus to develop the ERA in this vital foundation field
- to ensure that the CoSpaces is developed with a strong leadership from the end-user companies and human factors experts to address the needs of the knowledge worker, teams and businesses
- to provide assessment methods to analyse, evaluate and validate the CoSpaces workspaces and by extension all forms of collaborative working
The purpose of the Collaborative Technology Cluster is to develop underlying technologies necessary for supporting collaborative workspaces, namely, the Foundation Platform Layer and Collaboration Tools Layer for supporting re-configurable collaborative work environments for Design and Engineering.
The purpose of the Collaborative Workspaces Cluster is to implement the three generic collaborative workspaces so as to support various collaboration types identified as important for the engineering sector.
These collaborative workspaces will be developed by implementing the Living Lab approach to ensure stronger end-user involvement.
The Business Innovation Office for training, dissemination and exploitation activities will also use these living labs as case studies.